1800 595 518

Extra 1 or 2 years Graduate Visa for Graduates from Regional Institutions

From the first month in 2021 (January 21st), you have the opportunity to apply for another temporary graduate visa that will last for at most 2 years if you graduated from an educational institution in that zone or have been residing in a regional area.

If you aren’t sure whether you are in a regional area, don’t stress yourself

Regional areas include all regions in Australia except Brisbane, Melbourne, and Sydney, so it is quite possible that you already reside in one.

If you study and reside in regions such as Canberra, Hobart, Adelaide, Wollongong, Newcastle, Geelong, Illawarra, Lake Macquarie, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, or Perth for 2 years, you are eligible to apply for a temporary graduate visa extension for 1 year.

If you have studied and resided in any region of Australia not highlighted above for 2 years, you are also eligible for a visa extension for 2 years.

While on this visa extension, you must stay in the regional zone you applied from, thus, if you want another visa option to reside in Australia this might be the best opportunity for you.